Virtual valentine's day oyster masterclass
Hosted by our award winning shucker Federico & Armand, Piper-Heidsieck Brand Ambassador UK & Ireland
Join us below at the oyster counter as our award-winning shucker Federico guides us through a masterclass on our favourite meaty molluscs. Learn the difference between farmed and natives, including how to open them like a pro, as well as possible pairings for the palate. You’ll be transported straight back to Bentley’s in no time! We’ve also shared our Rockefella oyster recipe to inspire you to cook with them at home…
OYSTERS WITH SPINACH & TARRAGON BUTTER RECIPE
1. Preheat the grill. Have the butter at room temperature.
2. Blanch the spinach in a pan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds, drain well under cold running water and squeeze out as much water as possible.
3. Put the butter, blanched spinach and all the other ingredients except the oysters and Pernod into a blender and whiz until smooth.
4. Spread over the oysters and put under a very hot grill, until a crust forms. The oysters underneath will warm through rather than cook.
5. If you like, put the Pernod into a clean spray bottle, spray all over the oysters and serve.
150g butter, cubed
a handful of watercress, leaves only
1 stick celery, peeled and finely diced
3 shallots, peeled and finely diced
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs
16—20 oysters, shucked bottom shells retained
1 tablespoon Pernod, to serve (optional)